Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Knowing What You Love

As I was cruising through fb this a.m., I came across a new posting by my friend/sister in Christ, Audrianna. Saw that she had started a blog for herself and thought, "how cool".  I hope she finds as much enjoyment from it as I've had. I know it's been a while since I blogged, but things get a little crazy sometimes. Not a bad crazy-just busy crazy. I was working hard all last week to help my God chick, Dana, prepare for the weekend spiritual retreat at her cabin in NW Arkansas. The weekend could NOT have exceeded my expectations more! I spent 2 weeks prior to this retreat praying that God would keep the winter weather at bay so that no one would be hindered from coming that really desired/needed to be there. WOW-talk about an answered prayer! Made me think of the passage that says, "He that is able to give exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ask."  AMEN! The weather was absolutely amazing-in the upper 60's low 70's and we had the blessing of being in one of the most beautiful places in the ozarks here in Arkansas! Looking at all of the fb posts and certainly stepping out my front door today helps solidify that God indeed "exceeded" my expectations for the simple prayer that I prayed! It is FRIGIDLY cold here today and my sister in living in a winter wonderland of 19" of snow just 7 hrs. north from here in Missouri! Amazing the difference a day (or should I say a "prayer") can make!

This brings me to the title of today's post. When I first began this blog, I said I would try to give a brief synopsis of the inspirational thought for the day from my "simple abundance" book from which my blog is entitled. Today, I don't have the time to catch everyone up from Jan 25 til now-but I did think it important to share today's thought. It is an important one-the idea of challenging us to "know what we love". 

Feb 2-"After decades of letting other people influence us-the media, the magazines, our mothers, friends-you'll have to go cold turkey to find out what it is that you really love. Plan a creative excursion and go brose a home furnishings/decorative accessories shop. Go somewhere you've never been before. What calls to you, excites you? You'll know what you love the moment you see it-you will have a WOW reaction! Next week, go brose a new clothing boutique. Even if the place is "too" expensive, just see what it is that intriques you. Do you always wear jeans because they are more "practical", or could perhaps choosing something that makes you feel gorgeous sometimes should outweigh practicality!  Remember, this is the year to ask yourself the questions.What is it that you truly love?"

No comments:

Post a Comment