Thursday, June 5, 2014

BEACHBODY JOURNEY BEGINS

As I sit here tonight, I realize that I haven't blogged in nearly a years time. I feel compelled to blog for many reasons at this time.  One of the reasons is simply because I have just begun my journey as a Team Beachbody Coach.  I went "public" with my own facebook community page.  I had no idea what I was doing. I am "way" behind the power curve with technology. Without my daughters help, I would not have been able to get the page up and running at all.  Next I hope to open up an instagram account and begin to photo document my "progress" in various Beachbody exercise programs as I work through them.  I will try not to repeat any of the info that you could learn by going to my fb community page here-instead I will use this blog to expound upon my personal reflections for choosing Team Beachbody as a part of my journey to better health. I have SO much to learn in order to make this journey a successful one-so much about Beachbody products, the websites, how to help people get products they are interested in, running online challenge groups, how to eventually run a fit club, etc...

I am becoming a coach, primarily, to help me be "accountable" to Beachbody workout programs and the nutrition that Shakeology offers. In doing so-I hope to, ultimately, serve the Lord more effectively/efficiently in this temple that He gave me to dwell in.  So, yes, you will hear a lot of God talk during this journey.  This is MUCH more than a physical journey for me-it is very spiritual.  It is dealing with a deeply planted stronghold in my life-obesity.  A stronghold that has held me hostage long enough.  A stronghold that is taking the very lives of my extended family members. I HATE it....I want to end it.  End this terrible trend of obesity that is causing so many problems, pain, and suffering for so many that I know and love.  I want to help any/everyone learn what is necessary to embrace a more simply abundant life of health/fitness.  A life that can help us fully embrace each and every day, living it to the fullest.

I intend to be "real" on this journey and sometimes real is tough to hear, process, obey, and follow. Sometimes "real" hits close to home, is humbling, is convicting, etc...  But, rest assured-"real" also focuses on the positive, the goodness of life, the progress, the important things, the blessings, NOT just the times that I may fail.  I believe it is important to "speak life" as TobyMac sings so wonderfully!  Give others HOPE that they can improve.  Provide someone to "walk along side" them as they journey through their own improvements in health. To be their "cheerleader".  That's what a coach is to me-a "cheerleader" that gives "instruction to the team".   I will keep it as real, upbeat, and positive as I can.  I will offer challenges, information, encouragement, all of the things that help us remember that we are WORTH fighting for.  We were so worth fighting for that Jesus died on the cross so that we could have forgiveness of sins if we obey Him.  This is why I seek to follow Him/glorify Him in all that I do. I have come to the understanding that for me-I am lacking in fully obeying the Lord in caring for my temple.  This is why this Beachbody journey is a "spiritual" one for me.  That's as "real" as it gets folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment